Conference Diversity Scholarship Program
We believe that the most engaging, intellectually stimulating conversations are founded in diversity. Different backgrounds and varied life experiences foster unique perspectives. We want our conferences, the Apache Flink community and companies who participate in them, to include, encourage, and recognize people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions and sexual orientations. Flink Forward is offering scholarships to members of underrepresented groups in the technical community to help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups from participating in Flink Forward.
- Flink Forward Ticket that includes one day of training and two days of conference on September 11-13, 2017. Tickets include WiFi, food, snacks and drinks throughout the training day and the two days of conference on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Up to 250 € reimbursement for travel expenses
- Be a member of a group not well-represented within the tech community or at technical conferences, including but not limited to: women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ
- Must be able to attend the conference for which you are applying
- If employed, your employer will not cover the cost of your conference attendance
- Must be 18 years old or over to apply
- Must agree to follow our Code of Conduct
Scholarship application deadline is on August 1.